Yes, I walked all the way up there. It's called Sagarkot. Quite a climb I must say. Translate that by I am dead tired and I am so sore already I don't even know how I will get up tomorrow. It was a steep 3 hours climb and a huge storm started when we finally reached the top. The view was amazing so it was still worth it but when the sky is clear you're supposed to see a dozen high peaks. Oh well, next time. We have to go back tomorrow morning (by car this time) to do the paragliding.
This morning we went to visit 2 new caves, one was pretty small and not very exciting but the second one was a bat cave, full of bats and we had to crawl to get out, really cool.
For whoever knows me well I would like to onform you all that I wake up at 5.30 every morning and in bed by 10 latest, such a dramatic change from NY. Life belongs to people who wake up early finally makes sense to me.
Tonight there is a fun fair by the lake, they're celebrating the nepalese new year, nothing amazing but it looks cool, I would not go on any of the rides due to safety but it is really nice to watch. The big wheel is moving thanks to a generator that makes the noise of a tractor. Oh and we had another power cut tonight, yesterday's lasted quite a while so we had to use flashlights. I feel like I live in the middle age, it's pretty funny.
I would love to post pictures but I don't think I will be able to. I am not really in the mood to wait for hours to upload them so you will just have to wait. Maybe when monsoon season arrives and I am stuck inside for a few hours. Not quite there yet. The days are still pretty nice. Locals complain a lot about the weather but they've never been to new york in winter, that's why.
Oki doki, hope I will make it back in one piece after tomorrow's flight. I am not scared yet but I feel like once I'll be up there it might change.
Have a good day/morning/evening.
Love, Izzy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
you should have tried the rides at the fair :)
ReplyDelete