Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Thimi and bhaktapur

hi everyone,
Today is a new day so that means a new city. We got to Baktapur early this morning but found out there was a big festival in a town next door so we took the bus back and headed over there. It was quite something, people throwing some kind of couloured powder, pink, red and orange all over everyone. I have cool pics of that. Baktapur is quite beautiful, if there is one more earthquake ever I don't think the constructions will survive, most of the buildings are crooked, it's funny.
There should be another festival here in about 10 minutes so we're gonna go check it out. Tomorrow is the day we leave to the city I have wanted to go to for a while, Nagarkot, supposed to have sme of the most beautiful sunsets and sunrises of the world. Hopefully the sky will be clear.
I got my hands stamped with floral designs, looks like henne but it comes of with water. All the kids were watching while she was doing it. It feels like whatever we do becomes a local entertainment. We look at something, they look at something, we take a picture, they want to see the picture we took, we eat, they wonder what we eat. It is much easier to forget about all those people around now than before though.
Ok the bell rang, that means the festival is about to start.
Kisses.

No comments:

Post a Comment