Wednesday, April 22, 2009

So much to say...

Wow, it has been a while since I wrote.
Ok so let's start by the beginning. Chitwan. One word : amazing. Citwan was so much fun, we had a blast with elephants, did an elephant safari, went bird watching (not my favourite), ate really good food and watched gorgeous sunsets and sunrises. It was so relaxing, a perfect stop after Kathmandu. We left yesterday and went to a town called Daman, wayyyyyy up hight in the mountains, nice but totally unnecessary. The comfort was reduced to its minimum I have to say. Oh and it's cold up there too, there was a huge storm. Since I am sick it kind of sucked. I have a cold. Nothing big but a little annoying. And the bathroom was oputside so it's kind of a mental training to not want to pee in the middle of the night, stop drinking after a certain hour too.
Now we're back in Hetauda, a super boring town where there's nothing to do, just a point to change buses. Yeah, that is when it becomes good...there are none. The country is on strike... It is actually the second time it happens but I forgot to talk about it the first time so it doesn't matter. And this one could last up to 7 days. So we're not exactly thrilled since we were on our way to India in the next few days. We managed to get a ticket to get back to Kathmandu tomorrow morning (only 2 buses for the whole day, can only imagine how overpacked it will be) but the situation when we get there is still up in the air. Neither do we want to fligh to india nor do we want to stay in ktm for a week. We'll see how it goes tomorrow. Apparently they're on strike cause the army killed a 12 year old or something. And we witnessed an accident too. An old woman got hit by a bus, the guy we talked to today told us she had died, so sad. But in Nepal if you run over someone nothing really happens to you, you just have to pay the equivalent of $200. The nepali boy (robin) told us it was quite normal to kill people on the road here. Better watch out when you cross the road.
We were supposed to go to Ilam in 2 days, where they grom the tea, like Darjeeling but on the nepali side, it would have been fun. Oh and Robin told us that all borders were closed because there are elections in India right now, for the next 3 days. It seems like we are cursed, whenever Nick and I travel, something major always happens and we end up staying stuck, walking for hours or something else. Incredible. At least we have each other. I can't imagine people traveklling alone. We also made friends with a french couple who had been on the road for almost a year. We're gonna try to catch dinner together in India since they will be there for 2 weeks before they go home, that could be fun.
I so wish I could put pics on the site, the rhinos we saw in the park, the elephant bath...we did it twice, the baby elephants, they were twins, just like dumbo. Big for 10 months but yet really small. We almost thought of taking one home but my cat wouldn't like it so much i think.
Anyway, I guess you can see I am bored since I am writing so much, it's just that we really have NOTHING to do but surf on the web. Hopefully the bus will run in the morning. We will keep you posted. Love. Izzy.

2 comments:

  1. how come you don't have dreadlocks yet? haha. Sounds like you guys are rolling with the punches at least. This strike thing sounds annoying. I'm sure there will be plenty of bumps along the way, but it will equal itself out i'm sure with all the amazingness.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello Izzy hello gordo we are glad we know about you despite those lithe probles keep having fun but take3 care of yoursefs t and tAKE EXTRA carefel in india we are well
    love you dad

    ReplyDelete