This is insane. I actually did get attacked by a stupid f***ing monkey. They were so mean, at the temple they were super aggressive, just like everyone had told us. One got a little upset on me when I took a picture from faraway, I guess he had super eyes cause I really was far away but we had a wooden stick so it was fine. Some other people didn't get so luicky, one got her glasses stolen, another her scarf, she almost choked on it as the monkey kept on pulling it and tightening it around her neck, scary. But then the next day, as we are going down to the bus stop with our bags on and all, there was a monkey in the stairs, I sawit but whatever, he was doing his thing, I was doing mine and as we passed him he jumped on me !!! He grabbed onto my pants and was about to bite me but we all stared screaming so we eventually scared it off. That was thescariest moment ever. I was seriously shaking. They are mean and they are strong. Now we are in Rishikesh, there are a couple monkeys here too but not in the street so it's fine. And now I know better than to even look at them. We saw a big one today, one of the grey one, another breed I guess, with a black face, huge, the size ofa 5 year old maybe, and those really look like you do not want to mess with them.
Anyway, the town we are in is nice, we have a hotel by the Gange, quite nice, another very holly place. After lunch it started raining, it started out as a drip and ended up being gallons and gallons, even icicles at the end. In an hour the water was up our ankles. Insane amounts of water. And brown, bringing all the dirt along with it, a delight ;-)
Hopefully it won't be like that everyday. We're heading to delhi in a few days, 2 more days here first. It's nice to relax a bit before getting to the capital.
Rishikesh is funny, full of sadhus (holy men) and hippies, justlike in the beattles song, ashrams and dreadlocks. We don't really fit here but close enough, a few more months here and we would be just fine.
Alrighty, it's diner time for us.
Lots of kisses.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"We saw a big one today, one of the grey one, another breed I guess, with a black face, huge, the size ofa 5 year old maybe, and those really look like you do not want to mess with them."
ReplyDeleteSeems kinda movie... you are talking about aliens right? ;-)